منتديات بانوراما نت
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
مواضيع مماثلة
المواضيع الأخيرة
» جهاز الحضور والانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل MB2000
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء فبراير 13, 2024 10:56 am من طرف nadaroyal

» ZKTECO اجهزة حضور و انصراف بصمة وجه كف في اسكندرية
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين يناير 22, 2024 1:05 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية أوروبية
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 10, 2022 11:04 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة داخلية HST 5MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 10, 2022 10:58 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل K40 Proجهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل K40 Pro
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 10, 2022 10:57 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل K40 Pro
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 08, 2022 10:54 am من طرف nadaroyal

» احدث كاميرات المراقبة بجودة عالية
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد نوفمبر 06, 2022 10:32 am من طرف nadaroyal

» اجهزة حضور والانصراف كونفوى بالبصمة و الكارت CB3000
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد نوفمبر 06, 2022 10:24 am من طرف nadaroyal

» احدث كاميرات مراقبة شركة رويال
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 03, 2022 9:05 am من طرف nadaroyal

» انظمة الحضور والانصراف ببصمة الوجه وبصمة الكف CP200+B
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 03, 2022 9:02 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصرافZKTecoموديل LX 50
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 03, 2022 8:57 am من طرف nadaroyal

»  جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل Lface10
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء نوفمبر 02, 2022 11:23 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ZKTECO موديل G3 PLUS
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء نوفمبر 02, 2022 11:19 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل X628-TC
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء نوفمبر 02, 2022 11:06 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل K60 Pro
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 01, 2022 11:11 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور والانصراف ZKTeco يتعرف على الكارت و البصمة In05-A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 01, 2022 11:03 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور والانصراف ZKTeco يتعرف على الكارت و البصمة IN01-A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 01, 2022 10:59 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل Pface 202
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 31, 2022 8:27 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 31, 2022 8:25 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل Iclock9000-G
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 31, 2022 8:24 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 29, 2022 3:24 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ZKTECO موديل G3 PLUS
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 22, 2022 3:30 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» انظمة حضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت ماركة ID WATCHER موديل IDF 400A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 20, 2022 9:34 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل K40 Pro
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 15, 2022 1:28 pm من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء أكتوبر 11, 2022 1:24 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام الحضور والانصراف ببصمة الوجه وبصمة الكف CP200+B
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد أكتوبر 09, 2022 4:41 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» جهازحضور والانصراف كونفوى بالبصمة و الكارت CB3000
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 08, 2022 2:42 pm من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 06, 2022 4:43 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور وأنصراف ZKTeco موديل K14 PRO
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 06, 2022 4:41 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ZKTeco موديل LX 50
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 06, 2022 4:38 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل P160
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 01, 2022 9:37 am من طرف nadaroyal

» اجهزة حضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت NP-1500A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 01, 2022 9:35 am من طرف nadaroyal

» انظمة الحضور والانصراف ببصمة الوجه وبصمة الكف CP200+B
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 01, 2022 9:34 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية أنتاج أوروبى
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت أكتوبر 01, 2022 9:33 am من طرف nadaroyal

» مبادرة تأمين دور العبادة بجهاز الكشف عن المتفجرات ماركة CONVOY
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس سبتمبر 29, 2022 9:28 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت NP-1500A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس سبتمبر 29, 2022 9:27 am من طرف nadaroyal

»  انظمة حضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت ماركة ID WATCHER موديل IDF 400A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس سبتمبر 29, 2022 9:24 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام الحضور والانصراف ببصمة الوجه وبصمة الكف CP200+B
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس سبتمبر 29, 2022 9:22 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية أنتاج أوروبى EUROVISION
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس سبتمبر 29, 2022 9:21 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 27, 2022 11:21 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 27, 2022 11:18 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام الحضور والانصراف ببصمة الوجه وبصمة الكف CP200
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 27, 2022 11:16 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 27, 2022 11:13 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أفضل البوابات الامنية
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 25, 2022 10:41 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 25, 2022 10:40 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز الحضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت و الوجه CF500
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 25, 2022 10:37 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية أنتاج أوروبى
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 25, 2022 10:36 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية أنتاج أوروبى EUROVISION
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 25, 2022 10:34 am من طرف nadaroyal

» مبادرة تأمين دور العبادة بجهاز الكشف عن المتفجرات ماركة CONVOY
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 21, 2022 9:56 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 21, 2022 9:54 am من طرف nadaroyal

» انظمة حضور والانصراف بالبصمة و الكارت ماركة ID WATCHER موديل IDF 400A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 21, 2022 9:51 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 21, 2022 9:47 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 21, 2022 9:45 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 20, 2022 10:31 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 20, 2022 10:30 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 20, 2022 10:28 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 20, 2022 10:27 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية 8MP بعدسات متغيرة يدويا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 17, 2022 9:54 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية 8MP بعدسات متغيرة يدويا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 17, 2022 9:53 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية8 MP بعدسات ثابتة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 17, 2022 9:51 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز الحضور والانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل IN05-A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 17, 2022 9:46 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور والانصراف ZKTeco يتعرف على الكارت و البصمة IN01-A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 14, 2022 4:48 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية 8MP بعدسات متغيرة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 14, 2022 4:47 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية الذكية 8MP بعدسات متغيرة يدويا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 14, 2022 4:46 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الداخلية الذكية 8MP بعدسات ثابتة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 14, 2022 4:44 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية8 MP بعدسات ثابتة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 14, 2022 4:42 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث تكنولوجيا كاميرات مراقبة داخلية الذكية 5MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 13, 2022 9:48 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية5 MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 13, 2022 9:47 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية5 MP بعدسات متغيرة اليا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 13, 2022 9:46 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية5 MP بعدسات متغيرة يدويا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 13, 2022 9:45 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل Iclock9000-G
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 13, 2022 9:43 am من طرف nadaroyal

»  جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZK Teco موديل Lface10
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 07, 2022 10:13 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة داخلية الذكية2 MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 07, 2022 10:11 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية2 MP بعدسات متغيرة آليا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 07, 2022 10:09 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية2 MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء سبتمبر 07, 2022 10:08 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية2 MP بعدسات متغيرة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 11:34 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية2 MP بعدسات متغيرة آليا
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 11:32 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أحدث كاميرات مراقبة الخارجية الذكية2 MP
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 11:30 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة خارجية8 MP من HST
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 10:03 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أقوى كاميرات مراقبة داخلية HST بخاصية PIR
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 10:02 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 10:00 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء سبتمبر 06, 2022 9:58 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 04, 2022 12:43 pm من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 04, 2022 12:42 pm من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد سبتمبر 04, 2022 12:38 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» أجهزة حضور وانصرافZKTeco
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 03, 2022 10:06 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 03, 2022 10:03 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 03, 2022 10:01 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء أغسطس 31, 2022 10:08 am من طرف nadaroyal

» أجهزة حضور وانصرافZKTeco
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء أغسطس 31, 2022 10:05 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة داخلية HST 5MP فائقة الجودة PIR
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أغسطس 29, 2022 10:21 am من طرف nadaroyal

» كاميرات مراقبة داخلية HST 5MP فائقة الجودة
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أغسطس 29, 2022 10:19 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز حضور وانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل X628-TC
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 28, 2022 1:34 pm من طرف nadaroyal

» ساعات حضور وانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل MB20
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 28, 2022 1:29 pm من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أغسطس 25, 2022 11:53 am من طرف nadaroyal

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس أغسطس 25, 2022 11:32 am من طرف nadaroyal

» نظام حضور وأنصراف ZKTeco موديل K14 PRO
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء أغسطس 17, 2022 11:32 am من طرف Nourhanroyal

» جهاز الحضور والانصراف k14 pro
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أغسطس 15, 2022 9:50 am من طرف nadaroyal

» جهاز الحضور والانصراف ماركة ZKTeco موديل IN05-A
 Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء أغسطس 10, 2022 5:10 pm من طرف nadaroyal

سحابة الكلمات الدلالية
المرأة مذكرة عماد jump اولي صنايع كتاب الام جغرافيا المراة الأسرة تحضير المراجعه النهائيه ثانوي التجارى الثانوي ثانوى الاول التجاري اولى الاسرة العربية للصف aboard الترم
تابعونا على جروب بانوراما نت على الفيس بوك
free counters
Google PageRank Checker Powered by  MyPagerank.Net e="text/javascript"> var link = "http:/

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
dark-hidden
Admin
Admin
dark-hidden

ذكر عدد المساهمات : 8518
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/12/2010
العمر : 53

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Enhancing the Security of Your iPad    Enhancing the Security of Your iPad I_icon_minitimeالخميس يناير 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad 575054-4111-54

The
iPad is a revolutionary mobile device, used by the young and old alike,
for a variety of purposes, be it corporate or portable entertainment.
However, like any computing tool, it is susceptible to hacking,
intrusion, and theft. Scroll below to learn how you can increase the
security levels of your iPad, to keep your information secure.

Keeping
an electronic device secure, be it a computer or a tablet PC, involves
different measures from installing various security programs to
practicing safe Internet surfing. With mobile devices like iPads and
other tablet PCs, security measures are varied, some are based on
internal settings and some require external applications to be
installed. In this article, learn how to increase the security of an
iPad, with the following security mechanisms.

Simple iPad Security Measures

Auto-lock your iPad
This
is a no-brainer. Your iPad should auto-lock itself when not in use.
This feature is handy as at times you can forget to lock the tablet. You
can turn on the feature and also set a time limit within which the
tablet will automatically lock. To enable auto-lock, go to Settings →
General → Auto-Lock.

Set up a passcode
Just like a keypad lock
or pin lock for phones, you can enable your iPad to be unlocked only
when the correct passcode is entered at the lockscreen. This prevents
unauthorized access, especially from nosy parkers or sneaks, who pretend
to be checking out the device but actually want to go through your
files. A passcode is also useful if the device is stolen or lost. You
can access the passcode feature through the following path on your iPad:
Settings → General → Passcode Lock. Here you can turn on the feature,
set a passcode and increase the number of characters and difficulty of
the passcode.

Sync data regularly
Why should you sync your
iPad's data to a PC? Firstly, it always helps to create a backup of your
data, be it media or text. Creating a regular and updated backup means
even if you lose the iPad or the data is compromised in any manner, you
can easily restore it. Another advantage in syncing, is that for storing
sensitive information, a PC is a more secure location than a tablet PC.
Data synced to your iCloud account is encrypted and safe against theft.

Always connect to secure and trusted Wi-Fi networks
Wi-Fi
networks can be dangerous and useful at the same time. They are
available everywhere, providing instant Internet access. But public
unsecured networks or networks that spring out of anywhere, can be
fraught with hidden dangers. So make sure your iPad connects to a
network you know and trust, preferably secured. If you need network
access urgently, avoid handling sensitive online transactions, like
online purchasing or checking emails, on such networks.

Surf smart
No
matter what security mechanisms you use, if you are a careless web
user, your iPad will not remain secure for long. Be careful while you
browse, such as avoiding untrusted sites without certificates or
downloading a program without checking its actual use. Use sensitive
data carefully to avoid being phished. Emails are a favorite entry point
for viruses and malware, so check attachments and do not open mails
from people you don't know. Access emails through secure connections by
enabling SSL connections in your email server. You can do this by
accessing Settings → Mail → Account → Advanced → Use SSL.

If the
device is accessed by multiple users, then as an extra security measure,
you can clear details of your browsing by deleting entries in history,
cookies and cache. To do so, go to Settings → Safari , there are 3
options here: Clear History, Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Select them
one-by-one and clear them. If your iPad is being used by someone else,
it also helps to turn off the autofill feature, so your passwords aren't
automatically entered. To do so, tap Settings → Safari → Autofill.
Bluetooth does not actually come under Internet usage but since it can
be used to transfer data between devices, it is also a vulnerable entry
point. Turn off the iPad's Bluetooth when not in use.

Advanced iPad Security Measures

Use a VPN
To
send confidential emails or documents over a network, you can use a
Virtual Private Network (VPN), set up between your iPad and the
receiving/sending device, such as your corporate inbox. Data sent over a
VPN is encrypted and secure, so even data transfer over a public
network is made safe. You will need to set up the VPN on your iPad as
well as on the computer with the secure data. Obtain the VPN settings
and choose Settings → General → Network → VPN on your iPad, to set up
the network.

Place access restrictions on certain programs
An
extra step in surfing smart is restricting what sites can be opened or
what programs can be installed on your iPad, especially if you are
sharing the device with other users. Also known as parental controls,
restrictions can be placed on browsing sites through Safari, viewing
YouTube content, handling apps and even adding friends in the Game
Center. To enable or disable restrictions on different programs, access
Settings → General → Restrictions.

Do not jailbreak the iPad
Jailbreaking
is a massive temptation, as a jailbroken iPad can download and run a
lot of external applications and themes, which are not Apple-sanctioned.
But keep in mind, that when you open something up, you are making it
vulnerable to good and bad elements. The iPad has its own defense system
in the form of a 256-bit AES encryption technique embedded in the
hardware itself. This Data Protection feature cannot be disabled by the
user. But jailbreaking has unpredictable effects and could compromise
this layer, exposing your iPad to threats.

Auto-erase data with too many incorrect passcode attempts
If
your iPad is lost or stolen, your data should be erased from the
device, to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. You can set
your iPad to delete its data automatically, if the passcode has been
entered incorrectly 10 times. This self-deleting mechanism is especially
effective, in case the iPad has been stolen and the thief repeatedly
tries to enter a passcode. It can be set through the following path:
Settings → General → Passcode Lock → Erase Data.

Enable the "Find my iPad" feature
This
handy security feature of the iPad, literally allows you to easily find
your phone wherever you have placed it. If you lose the iPad, use the
"find my iPad" app on another iOS device or a PC to locate its position
on a map. The program will also cause your iPad to emit a sound, so you
can locate it nearby. But the amazing ability of this mechanism, is that
you can use the program to remotely lockdown the device, by setting a
passcode. So until the iPad is in your hands, it cannot be unlocked. You
can even erase the data present on the iPad remotely, using the Remote
Wipe feature. This prevents your personal and private information from
ever falling into the wrong hands. Once you get your iPad back, you can
restore its data using the backup created in your iCloud account. This
feature must be enabled and configured on the iPad and an account set up
using the iCloud. The "Find my iPad" app should be present on another
iOS device, like an iPhone or another iPad or can be used on a Mac PC as
a program.

Arm your iPad with effective apps
There's no
denying the usefulness of apps but they can be vulnerable entry points
for malware and viruses to attack the iPad. The Apple iOS handles apps
in a unique yet secure way, effectively maintaining the device's
security. Apps exist as independent entities, sandboxed and isolated.
They cannot talk to each other or exchange data. They cannot access
system files and resources. Apple carefully monitors and inspects
third-party apps before approving them for iPad use. The iOS carries out
runtime checks to ensure the app is working in the right manner. As a
user, you can ensure the security of your iPad by downloading and using
only Apple-sanctioned apps. There are a number of third-party security
apps that can enhance your iPad's security levels such as Intego's
VirusBarrier or Symantec VeriSign Identity Protection.

Be regular with OS updates
Recently
a security glitch in the iPad 2 was discovered, wherein the tablet
enclosed in an Apple Smart Cover, could be unlocked simply by opening
the cover! Even a magnet could be used to break into an iPad, even with a
passcode lock. Apple has completely resolved the issue with an OS
update in the form of the iOS 5.0.1 patch. OS updates exist for such
reasons, to solve any bugs and to enhance the functioning of the device.
Any iPad security issues are resolved through such updates, by
strengthening the defenses of the operating system and making it aware
of the latest vulnerabilities. Update the OS of your iPad as patches
come along, to keep it up-to-date.

Aside from technical security
measures, you should be careful with the iPad physically, especially if
you store sensitive information on it. Do not leave it lying around or
pass it around a lot. The iPad is an "IT" tech gadget, whose appeal is
universal from a sorority chick to a corporate bigwig. It is also a
favorite and easy target for thieves, so make sure to secure it
digitally and hang on to it physically
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://panorama.forumegypt.net

Enhancing the Security of Your iPad
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
»  Most Common Problems with the iPad 2
» 3 Afghan security force members killed at Bagram
» حمل برنامج حماية الايميل والرسائل من الفيروسات Email Security Bulldog 1.2.1 مجانا

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات بانوراما نت  :: English forum :: Computer & Laptop & Mobile-
انتقل الى:  

الساعة الان بتوقيت جمهورية مصر العربية
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لمنتديات بانوراما نت